IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- by IAS Score
FACING THE INTERVIEW BOARD
TOPPER SPEAKS: Rohit Dev Jha, IRS (IT), 2013
FACING THE INTERVIEW BOARD
TOPPER SPEAKS: Rohit Dev Jha, IRS (IT), 2013
• BE(electrical and electronics) from MIT, Manipal;
• From Madhubani, Bihar;
• Working in TERI as Research Associate in renewable energy;
• First Attempt;
• Optional – Pub. Admin. & Maithili
Chairman of the Interview Board : Sri Vijay Singh
Marks obtained in Interview: 195
List of Questions:
1. You have been associated with TERI. What have you done there?
2. What is this Smart Mini-Grid ?
3. Has it been deployed any where?
4. Does it has any utility ?
5. Is it financially viable ?
6. Any other place apart from TERI ?
7. Has it been deployed anywhere in the world other then TERI ?
1. What type of organisation TERI is?
2. Have you heard about any document published in 1972 about sustainable development ? ( I couldn’t answer)
3. What is sustainable development ?
(A couple of other questions I am not remembering)
1. You are from Madhubani, what is the most famous thing about it ?
2. What are the features of Madhubani painting ?
3. Is it earning any revenue ?
4. Is there any scope of further growth ?
5. Do you support toll collected foll roads ?
6. Who fixes the toll ?
7. What are the different forms of investment in projects ?
8. Do you think PPP is viable ?
1. Why do you want to become IAS ( My answer was rhetorical ) ?
2. Similar answers are given in miss Universe competition, do you think they do anything what ever they say there ?
3. Does every Indian has access to banking facility ?
4. What government is doing for this ?
5. Have you heard about government inviting private people in banking sector ?
6. How it is going to bring financial inclusion ?
(I couldn’t answer most of the questions)
1. To reach Manipal you must have traveled from Mangalore to Manipal; Five banks have been founded in this region, name them ( I could answer only two).
2. All the five banks are associated with one community, name them ( I could answer only one).
3. Apart from education TMA Pai, the founder of Manipal university has contributed in other ways, what are those ?
4. Dr Pai, initially returned back to his native, because he couldn’t find any earning in Manipal; Can you tell me what brought him back to build such a big institution?
5. Do you remember things you read as an electrical engineer ?
6. Which wave is used in TV signal transmission ( I said electromagnetic; he said be specific; I said, I am sorry, I don’t know; I added though I am an electrical and electronic engineer but electrical was my major) ?
7. (He continued) Have you heard about DSP?
8. What is this DSP?
9. Give example of amplitude modulation and frequency modulation ( I could only say about amplitude modulation being used in AM radia, FM radio didn’t strike me).
10. Have you heard about FM ?
11. What is frequency range of it ( usually it is 87.5 to 108 Mhz but i said 90 to 120 hz(later corrected it as Mhz)) ?
12. Why FM has such a small band width ( I said, I don’t know) ?
1. You often go to your village; what changes you find in Madhubani ?
2. Does only national highways have improved or even state highways?
3. You have seen Madhubani and Mangalore; What disparities you find between the two districts, do you think Madhubani can ever become as good as Managalore ?
4. What developments you would bring in your district ?
Focus of the interview:
• “There were 4-5 factual questions in around 50 questions I was asked in a time duration of 25 minutes which I couldn’t answer to the full satisfaction, apart from that, I think, i am satisfied.”
• “Most numbers of questions were asked about my job experience at TERI. In fact Chairman and first member asked me questions only about TERI, which was on the expected lines. A volley of questions about my Alma mater, that too of this level was perhaps not expected. Questions about electronics were simple but I couldn’t answer satisfactorily because I was not in touch with them.”
Area of Cross questioning:
• “There was very less cross questioning. They don’t like rhetorical answers, even in trivial questions even if you mean that. Questions like why civil services, why IAS etc. can always be cross questioned.”
Message for the future candidates appearing in interview:
• “I think I got bit perplexed when M4 started me asking some very unexpected questions. Though, I tried hard but I couldn’t hide my perplexity. I also intervened and said, that I am electrical engineer not an electronics engineer. Had i not committed this may be I would have got 5 more marks, but there is always a big question mark.”
“I would suggest following things are very important.
1. Every xyz in your biodata
2. Your previous job experience
3. Your Alma mater
4, Academy qualifications
5. Be conversant with current affairs
6, Never lose your patience”
Rohit Dev Jha, IR (IT), 2013
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I