IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- by IAS Score
IAS Score: Which is the most difficult part of this exam and why? What was your strategy for tackling this difficult part?
Shefali Gupta: The most difficult part while preparing included the scope of study and how to cover the most of syllabus in given time. So the planning and right strategy to have time bound targets helped me the most.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time for both Prelims and Mains examinations?
Shefali Gupta: Bifurcate time for both Prelims and Mains while preparing and study in integrated manner.
IAS Score: GS Mains was altogether new, as current pattern is only two years old. How did you prepare for that?
Shefali Gupta: For Mains I focused on answer writing and practiced by writing answers in tests conducted by GS Score and thereby enhancing speed and form. The pattern of papers were very much on lines of UPSC and thus in real exams, it didn’t seem very new.
IAS Score: Can you share some idea/strategy about attempting GS paper as it is not easy to write answer of all questions in given time-frame?
Shefali Gupta: While preparing for answer writing I tried 2-3 strategies, like in one focusing on quantity and in other on quality to see which one works. Thereby try built up on your own strategy.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know about the standard sources of reading materials?
Shefali Gupta: From friends who also were preparing for civils,
IAS Score: What should be the basis of selecting optional?
Shefali Gupta: The familiarity with subject like educational background is important.
IAS Score: Did you follow the myth that only so called popular optional should be opted?
Shefali Gupta: No
IAS Score: How did you prepare for interview?
Shefali Gupta: For interviews the best way is to read newspapers and be updated. The mocks conducted by institutes helped the most in preparing for interview. The mocks were on very similar lines and it made me feel more confident about real interview at UPSC.
IAS Score: Which types of questions were asked in the interview?
Shefali Gupta: Related to background, budget related schemes, optional and hobbies. Questions were mostly focused on Current affairs.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who have failed in this exam?
Shefali Gupta: UPSC is very unpredictable, so hope for best but be prepared for worst and keep giving your best!
IAS Score: Can you disclose your marks in detail?
Optional (Commerce)- 245
GS PAPER-1- 82
GS PAPER-2 91
GS PAPER-1 88
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I