IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||245|
|Total Attempts in CSE||04|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||95.17|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||93.20|
|Graduation: College and marks||IIT Guwahati, CPI – 8.86|
|Post graduation: College and marks||Not Applicable|
|Any other course||Not Applicable|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Govind Mohan: Consistent hard work learning from mistakes and faults. Planning for every general studies and optional paper and executing it well.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Govind Mohan: Regular Study is the key. I completed the basic books very well and related mains syllabus during my prelims preparation itself. For Mains, regular updating of current affairs as per the syllabus proved very helpful.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Govind Mohan: No, it was an integrated preparation as much of prelims syllabus is also part of the mains syllabus. So preparation during prelims was also keeping the mains in mind.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Various websites eg. Insightsonindia, iasscore, etc.|
|Basic Books||M. Laxmikanth, NCERTs, Modern India Spectrum|
|Current Affairs||Regular Newspaper Study, Internet|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||NCERTs, NIOS material||Newspaper & Internet||Test Series, Previous Years Papers|
|GS Paper 2||Laxmikant, IYB, IR notes||Newspaper & Internet||Test Series, Previous Years Papers|
|GS Paper 3||Economic Survey, Some coaching reference material, Internet||Newspaper & Internet||Test Series, Previous Years Papers|
|GS Paper 4||GS Score, Internet||Test Series, Previous Years Papers|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Coaching Material|
|Basic Books||Y Masih, C D Sharma|
|Current Affairs||Some articles on related topics from newspapers|
|Answer Writing||Test Series and previous years papers|
|Any other||O P Gauba|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Govind Mohan: Reading some good essays regularly and writing practice.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Govind Mohan: Referred GS Score and IGNOU material. Writing practice and case studies discussion with teachers and friends.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Govind Mohan: Referred internet sources such as insightsonindia, iasscore, gktoday, Investopedia, etc. Sources which cover any topic comprehensively using standard sources and are easy to understand are standard. A topic must be covered in detail along with related current happenings.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Govind Mohan: Study comprehensively and try to make short notes which can be easily revised multiple times before the actual examination. While revising, I tried to write down as much as I could remember which helped a lot in remembering the concepts in the long run.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Govind Mohan: I regularly studied my optional paper and made notes from newspaper. Regarding general studies, I focused on answer writing and referred internet for related material and understanding. Topics in news was covered in detail as per the syllabus.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Govind Mohan: I preferred a mix of both as per the question. Pros and cons in point format while paragraph for other analysis related answers or both where required. For GS 4, most answers were in paragraphs. Writing practice helped me to develop it.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Govind Mohan: Test series is an important aspect of preparation as it helps to understand one’s weaknesses and the areas to work upon. At the same time, important current affairs are revised during writing the answers. I referred visionias and gsscore test series and some internet sources.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Govind Mohan: Dedication helps in maintaining the tempo. I tried to take a day out in a week meeting friends, going for a movie. I also followed cricket matches, watched highlights to break the monotony of preparation.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Govind Mohan: No, in my opinion the pattern of the examination is evenly balanced. Whoever works hard with proper planning and strategy is bound to be successful with some luck.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Govind Mohan: Internet websites, yojana, the indian express, GS Score contemporary issues material
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
Govind Mohan: Iasscore, vision ias, insightsonindia, mrunal, Investopedia, gktoday, Wikipedia, etc.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Govind Mohan: Work hard and prepare regularly. Do not be disturbed by mistakes and some unfavorable results. If you work hard regularly and sincerely, you are bound to succeed.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
Govind Mohan: A great opportunity to serve lies here. Regular hard work and self study along with proper guidance from mentors and seniors is the key to succeed. All the best to everyone.
Your Mark sheet
|Paper||Year 2015||Year 2014||Year 2013|
|Essay (Paper 1)||122|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||104|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||86|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||101|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||93|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||130|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||96|
AIR – 245
|Indian Information Service||DANIPS|
Click Here to Download Topper’s Test Copy of CSE 2015
- Abhijeet Sinha, IAS Rank 19 CSE 2017 from Bihar & Jharkhand, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Political Science Preparation Strategy by Tushar Gupta Rank 113, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Story: Ishwar Kumar Rank 187, CSE 2017
- Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, Highest 319 Marks in Pol Science, Preparation Strategy
- Abhishek Surana IAS Rank 10, CSE 2017, IAS preparation Strategy
- Fear and apprehension can’t stop us: Garima Agrawal, Rank 241, CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Story
- IAS Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani Rank 57, CSE 2017
- Life in ORN (Delhi), Sunita Kumari, Rank 269, CSE 2017, Civil Services a Career or a goal
- Pol Science Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani 57 Rank, 305 Marks
- Youngest topper of CSE 2017, Rank 113 Tushar Gupta, 22 year old, First attempt, pol science optional
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Dr. Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017
- First serious attempt, Ekta Khatri, Rank 458, Anthropology optional, IAS preparation strategy
- Mayur Suryawanshi Rank 373, 4th attempt, 308 marks in pol science, IAS preparation strategy
- Bhavesh Sharma 502 Rank, 286 Marks in History Optional: Preparation Strategy
- Highest Score in History Optional 316 Marks, History Preparation Strategy by Ishwar Kumar Rank 187
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Azar Zia, IAS Rank 97 CSE 2017
- Pub Ad Preparation Strategy, Rank 530 Jitendra Pratap Singh, 301 Marks in Pub Ad
- ‘Be aware of pitfalls’- Abhilash Baranwal, AIR 44, CSE 2017, 4th attempt
- A doctor, a diabetic patient and the message for all: Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017d
- Yes, it’s possible, if I can why not you!!! Mamta, IAS Rank 45 in 5th attempt CSE 2017
- Don’t Repeat Mistakes, Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, 5th attempt, without qualifying prelims in 4 attempts
- Ankit Pannu, IAS Rank 31 CSE 2017, Notes Making and Newspaper Reading Strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Utsav Gautam, Rank 33, CSE 2017
- Learning from the mistakes, Aparajita IAS Rank 40 CSE 2017, 3rd attempt, History Optional
- IAS Topper Bipasha Kalita CSE 2017 Rank 41, Topper from North-East States
- Holistic Approach of IAS Preparations, Swapneel Paul- IAS Rank 64, from Nagaland
- Managing Resource Effectively, strategy by IAS Topper Rahul Bhat, Rank 68, From J&K
- First and Focused attempt by an ‘average student’ Himanshu Kaushik, Rank 77, IAS topper strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Amol Shrivastav Rank 83, Ways to Work Smart
- Strategy of Time Management by Working Professional, Ketan Garg IAS Rank 93, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Ankita Mishra Rank 105, CSE 2017, 3rd Attempt
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Saurabh Sabhlok, Rank 124, Time Management is Key to Success
- Bounce Back from Low Days, Rao Praveen Singh, Rank 152 CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Chasing goal till 6th and last attempt, Lavanya Gupta, AIR 298 CSE 2017, IAS toppers story
- Thanks to Seniors & Elders, IAS Preparation Strategy by Himanshu, CSE Rank 773
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I