IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||306|
|Total Attempts in CSE||02|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||87%|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||87%|
|Graduation: College and marks||IIT Delhi 7.8 CGPA|
|Post graduation: College and marks||IIT Delhi 8.4 CGPA|
|Any other course||N/A|
What Could I do for Better Rank
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Rahul Gupta: Keep it simple. Eat -> Study -> Sleep -> Repeat
Simplify syllabus, notes, answer writing, content, and personality.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Rahul Gupta: For Prelims: Understand past year trend of questions. They want basic understanding of everything. Ask questions like what, why, how when for every topics.
Mains: study like prelims but special focus on clarifying the knowledge.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Rahul Gupta: Before prelims, I studied the part of syllabus that is common in prelims and mains from both perspectives as explained in previous questions. But I made notes for at least half of GS syllabus after prelims.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Test series solutions Vision|
|Basic Books||Spectrum, M.I.H., lakshmikant, Geo NCERT, Shankar for environment.|
|Current Affairs||Newspaper, The Hindu, vision CA|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||Plassey to partition , Nitin Singhaniya, Mrunal Geography, Vision Hand notes||Newspaper, Vision CA Magazine||Vision & Synergy Test Series|
|GS Paper 2||Do basics, newspaper issues, 12th ARC, Shubhra Ranjan IR||Do|
|GS Paper 3||Eco survey, mrunal, internal security book||Do|
|GS Paper 4||Vajiram Notes|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||Prui Sharma Pathania, K. L. Kapoor, Relevant tutorials material|
|Answer Writing||Test Series at DIAS|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Rahul Gupta: GS Score Test Series + Work previous years essay. For guidance Puneet sulari blog and topper answer script.
IAS Score: Did you adopted any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Rahul Gupta: Improved understanding of content by asking basic questions.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Rahul Gupta: I referred standard sources mostly. Quality of content can be judged by applying WH words (What, why, when, how) test. If a source answer these, then it’s good.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Rahul Gupta: Make them as crisp as possible. Neat, structured. They will help memorize the content. Do not leave it till the end.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Rahul Gupta: I studied 12 hrs a day. I used to have weekly target before beginning my studies in the memory. I used to make time table describing what I will be studying or what time during the day.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Rahul Gupta: I wrote in point format with suitable headings, underlining important points. It came natural to me. I improved it with practice.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Rahul Gupta: Test series a barometer of your hard work. Very necessary in such competitive exam. They also help in time management. I joined vision and synergy for GS mains, GS Score for essay, DIAS for chemistry.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Rahul Gupta: Achievement of target and improvement of marks kept me moving. You have to constantly remind yourself why you are studying. To keep up the pace I used to talk to my friends during breaks. I used to jog in the evening to keep me fresh.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Rahul Gupta: I think professional and working people may get better marks in the interview because they can manage time better.
But there is nothing to suggest that this exam proves difficult for humanities and social science candidates. Exam requires common sense and answer writing skills. Which can be developed by anyone?
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation? Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Rahul Gupta: Hard work, persistence, motivation are basic necessity. Focus on parts where you can secure more i.e. optional, essay and ethics. Don’t underestimate answer writing and presentation.
Your Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||126|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||93|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||73|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||93|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||83|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||113|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||123|
Click Here to Download Topper’s Test Copy of CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I