IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- by IAS Score
|Name||Sharat Chandra Pawar|
|Rank in CSE 2015||632|
|Total Attempts in CSE||2|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||85|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||90.7|
|Graduation: College and marks||6.15|
|Post graduation: College and marks|
|Any other course|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Hard work + smart work = success
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: It would depend on the weightage in the exam. (For example: Landforms in geography has less weightage for prelims, so an in depth analysis can be skipped ). But a basic understanding of each topic is necessary
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenerio?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: It was integrated until a month before prelims.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||GS score|
|Current Affairs||Newspaper and current affairs from market|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||DB Kumar +GS score||GS Score||GS score|
|GS Paper 2||DB Kumar +GS score||GS Score||GS Score|
|GS Paper 3||DB Kumar +GS score||GS Score||GS Score|
|GS Paper 4||DB Kumar +GS score||GS Score|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Pradeep Sarkar(Sapiens IAS)|
|Basic Books||Pradeep Sarkar notes|
|Answer Writing||Pradeep Sarkar|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Practiced a few essays and attended essay classes at ALS institute
IAS Score: Did you adopted any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Joined a test series at GS score and wrote almost all the exams. Worked on the feedback given by Manoj Sir.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Newspaper and a few official websites were the standard source for basic information. Rest of the notes was iterations of exams, discussions.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?Sharat Chandra Pawar: Notes should be made, but it must not be lengthy. Maximum one page for each topic. This would help in quick revision.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: I had to study while working, so time management was difficult. Making a schedule on a weekly basis helped.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) Of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: I have written all the answers in point format with sub-headings. This was advised by my seniors.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Test series are very useful. This is a competitive exam, and we need to constantly gauge our performance with others and try to improve. Also , test series will help you practice analytical questions and prepare you well for the final battle
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Long hours of study is indeed necessary. But the stress can be removed by making the learning smart. You can discuss topics with friends, apply the knowledge in real life (example: tell your sibling about why it rains during monsoon in India), set minor targets for the week and after the target is achieved treat yourself.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: UPSC goes to great lengths to make sure that there is a level playing field for everyone. If you can top your optional, there can be nothing stopping you.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Sharat Chandra Pawar: GS score material
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
Sharat Chandra Pawar:
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Hard work is necessary but not sufficient. Guidance and smart work are need along with it .
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
Sharat Chandra Pawar: Evolve your own strategy and believe in yourself. You will make it.
Your Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||129|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||89|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||73|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||83|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||77|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||123|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||113|
Click Here to Download Topper’s Test Copy of CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I