IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2016||130|
|Total Attempts in CSE||1|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||90.2|
|Class 12 Percentage of marks||88|
|Graduation: College and marks||IIT DELHI 2014, 6.84 CGPA|
|Post graduation: College and marks||NA|
|Any other course||NA|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Shashank Choudhary: Perseverance, Hard work and practice.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Shashank Choudhary: Prelims- Solved 100 questions per day from 2 months before examination.
Mains- Focused on answer writing and made optional my strong point.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Shashank Choudhary: Yes
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Shashank Choudhary: Wrote 15-20 essays and got them checked , learnt from the feedback.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Shashank Choudhary: NO. Just do not leave case studies for the end.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Shashank Choudhary: I followed material suggested by previous years’ toppers.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Shashank Choudhary: Should be in your own words and reduce them regularly so that you have less pages to revise by the time you reach mains.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Shashank Choudhary: Planned my study and made weekly targets.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) Of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Shashank Choudhary: Mostly points which I learnt from mock test series of GS score.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Shashank Choudhary: Solving questions is very important for both prelims and mains. Mock tests help to train mind in order to think in examination hall.
Prelims- Vision and Vajiram test series
Mains – GS Score
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Shashank Choudhary: I took small breaks every 2 hours of study. Also, watched motivational videos and read about previous years’ toppers and their struggle. I changed the subject whenever I got bored. I studied 3 different subjects on a usual day to break monotony.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Shashank Choudhary: Your mains answer sheet does not have your profession or background written on it, thus it does not matter where you come from as long as you put in hard work.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Shashank Choudhary: Newspapers and summary articles on GS score.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
Shashank Choudhary: Insightonindia, gsscore, mrunal, iasbaba.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Shashank Choudhary: Have clarity of thought while preparing, put in extra effort to get good results.
IAS Score: Your experience in IAS preparation journey with GS Score.
Shashank Choudhary: GS Score mains mock test series helped me to improve my answers.
Shashank Choudhary Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||144|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||110|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||102|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||106|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||101|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||161|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||143|
Download Shashank Chaudhary’s Test Copy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I