IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||259|
|Total Attempts in CSE||1|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||94%|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||96.75%|
|Graduation: College and marks||64.7% Shri Ram College of Commerse|
|Post graduation: College and marks||61% Faculty of Law, University of Delhi|
|Any other course||N/A|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Ananya Sinha: Success is getting what you aim for… I haven’t achieved my aim so far. However, as far as cracking this examination goes, I feel that there is no substitute for consistent hard work with a focused approach.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Ananya Sinha: Prelims: Practiced as much MCQs and test paper as possible because more or less, every candidate has the same sources of study.
Mains: I don’t know about strategy but I know where I lacked. I lacked answer writing practice in Mains.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Ananya Sinha: My preparation for prelims and mains portion of the examination was integrated and I linked it particularly with newspaper and daily govt. reports.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||Laxmikant, economic survey, budget, ncert for history and geography, XII bio, Shankar ias for environment.|
|Current Affairs||Hindu, Indian express and any good monthly magazine. GS Score Prelims current affairs classes and material was very helpful for me at last time of my PT preparation.|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||NCERT, Bipin Chandra||The Hindu||Biggest loophole and mistake of my preparation|
|GS Paper 2||Laxmikant for Polity, Governance ARC||The Hindu||Do|
|GS Paper 3||Summary reports, Datt & Sundaram + TMG on security issues+ ARC on disaster management||The Hindu||Do|
|GS Paper 4||Various thinkers + few case studies + Michael sandel videos on youtube||Do|
Optional Subject Law Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||Law – Stake + S. K. Mishra, Pillai (crime), Bangia, Avatar Singh (conhacts), M. P. Jain|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Ananya Sinha: No preparation. I worked mostly with material that I had acquired during my mains exam preparation. Again a mistake.
IAS Score: Did you adopted any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Ananya Sinha: I can’t comment on any strategy for paper 4 as I scored 72/100 – one of the lowest.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Ananya Sinha: In my opinion summaries of government reports are the most reliable sources for facts and figures. We have to focus on issues that are current and link them with our preparation. All the other reading material is fairly common to almost all aspirants.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Ananya Sinha: No advice as I never made notes.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Ananya Sinha: Time management was one of my strengths in this preparation as I completed law in June 2015 and wrote the examination in Aug – Dec 2015. Focus on few key sources and do them multiple times. Utilize every moment effectively.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Ananya Sinha: If you get bored then watch videos or solve papers.
Again – Can’t comment on writing style as I didn’t writhe any answers.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Ananya Sinha: Test series are absolute must for this examination now as they help develop precision and pithy answer writing. I didn’t join any for mains. For prelims I did gs score and vision ias test series.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Ananya Sinha: All work and no play makes jenny a dull girl. Always find time to do what you love. It maximizes your efficiency in the rest of the time.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Ananya Sinha: I am a humanities background student. I had humanities right from 11th – 12th. In fact, I feel that subjects like history, political science, economics, etc. should be a cake all for students with humanities background. I took humanities in +2 because I aspired to write the civil services examination. Also most professional and working people take up subjects which are humanities subjects.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Ananya Sinha: GS Score contemporary issues, vision ias monthly magazine and The hindu.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Ananya Sinha: Those who dare to fail are the ones who achieve greatly. If you have achieved thing in your mind, you will achieve it in reality as well so long as you are committed to your dream. So just go on.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants.
Ananya Sinha: Just believe in yourself and work towards your goal.
Ananya Sinha Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||133|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||100|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||72|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||100|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||72|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||120|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||110|
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I