IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||152|
|Total Attempts in CSE||2|
|Optional Subject||Medical science|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||84|
|Class 12 Percentage of marks||84|
|Graduation: College and marks||MBBS,65%|
|Post graduation: College and marks|
|Any other course|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Hard work and smart work to have an edge over the syllabus.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: For prelims I solved 10000 questions ,3 times before prelims along with NCERT and The Hindu.
For mains, writing maximum number of answers and essays before mains.I wrote almost 30 essays between pre and mains.
For this I took help of GSSCORE online test series for essay and paper 4,along with daily practice of Insightsecure questions.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: It was integrated fully from beginning.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Mrunal for economy and Geography,Insightsonindia test series|
|Basic Books||NCERT,Laxmikant for polity|
|Current Affairs||The Hindu, Mrunal, Insightsonindia, GS Score Compilation|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||Internet, Mrunal, insightsonindia, nitin singhania notes for art and culture||The hindu, mrunal, insights||insightsecure|
|GS Paper 2||Internet, laxmikant||The hindu||insightsecure|
|GS Paper 3||Mrunal, insights||The hindu||insightsecure|
|GS Paper 4||Subbarao, GSSCORE material||The hindu||GSSCORE online test series, insightsecure|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Wrote 30 essays between pre and mains.
Maintained separate register for quotes and event tracking.
Took guidance from GSSCORE online test series and Manoj Jha sir provided necessary critical analysis.
IAS Score: Did you adopted any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: In Last attempt I failed miserably when I got 84 when average was 100, so I decided to take this paper more seriously.
Firstly I started taking daily notes from The Hindu about ethical aspects involved in day to day news, I also joined online test series from GSSCORE and wrote regular test at home but in time bound manner, Here I am really thank full to Manoj Jha sir as his reviews initially seemed bitter to me but ultimately he provided honest feedbacks which I was lacking in my answers. His mantra to make answers close to reality was my mantra for this whole paper.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Internet and toppers interviews
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: It is highly individualistic and do the cost benefit analysis by yourself to take the right strategy for you.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Time management was key to me as I was a working Doctor, I used to give myself target before going to sleep and used to try to stick to them in next day.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) Of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: It was mix of both, the idea is to communicate well, I used a lot of diagrams in optional and GS1.
Also introduction and conclusion were essential part of my answers.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Yes they are useful to give you a real feel of exam and time management is what they tell us the most.
For pre I joined Insights test series.
For mains I took online test series at GSSCORE (GS4 and ESSAY) and VISIONIAS (ESSAY)
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Constant boosting of self by talking to family members.
Usually I didn’t study on Sundays,
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: No I think that everybody has to pass through same level of competition. And one has to master over humanities also to get decent score.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: The Hindu.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Dr.Ravindra Goswami: Work Hard and take the failure as an opportunity to improve yourself.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
“Believe in yourself ,then only you can claim belief of UPSC”
Dr.Ravindra Goswami Mark sheet
|Paper||Year 2015||Year 2014|
|Essay (Paper 1)||126||116|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||107||91|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||68||72|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||95||58|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||100||82|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||137||137|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||136||121|
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I