IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||75|
|Total Attempts in CSE||1|
|Optional Subject||public administration|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||94|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||82|
|Graduation: College and marks||83 (Btech)|
|Post graduation: College and marks||N/A|
|Any other course||Senior Engineer at Larsen &Toubro|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
EESHA PRIYA: Planning , Focus and Hardwork
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
EESHA PRIYA: I tried to merge my preparation for prelims and mains. Referring limited number of books , reading each book 5 times helped..I preferred IGNOU, National open school materials along with online websites like pib.com , prs.in etc
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
EESHA PRIYA: No..it being my first attempt, I integrated the preparation.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||NCERT Class 11 , 12 old and new ones Laxmikant for polity, Shankar IAS for ecology, Sriram IAS for economics, GC leong for geography|
|Current Affairs||Online supplements of GS SCORE , IAS Score Current Affairs E-Magazine|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||GS SCORE Contemporary Issues / SRIRAM IAS||GS Score|
|GS Paper 2||GS SCORE Contemporary Issues / SRIRAM IAS/ Chronicle||GS Score|
|GS Paper 3||Economic survey Summary/Chronicle Magazine||GS Score|
|GS Paper 4||Lexicon Chronicle||Chronicle magazine||GSSCORE|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||Sapru admin thinkers and public policy, mohit bhattacharya..entire series, Arora and Fadia|
|Any other||Not taken any classes for pub ad but Ashutosh Pandey Sir 4 Days Pub Ad Marks Augmentation Classes were very useful for me. Helped a lot in preparing my notes.|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
EESHA PRIYA: I enrolled in for the online test series @ GSSCORE…Manoj sir’s remarks on d answer sheets helped me improve.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
EESHA PRIYA: No….just that I attempted d case studies first to get ample time to think
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
EESHA PRIYA: I searched materials as per requirements of syllabus ..along with previous years questions in mind.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
EESHA PRIYA: Mark important points in books….compile them precisely in d notes.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
EESHA PRIYA: Tried to curtail wasting time, gave up social networking sites…divided the time into revision hours and fresh topics to study…writing essay on weekends etc.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
EESHA PRIYA: I stuck to the point format. Enrolling in a test series helped my develop proper structure and style for writing.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
EESHA PRIYA: Test series for prelims helped me get accustomed to the MCQ format in a time bound manner. Enrolling in a mains test series helped me develop proper structure and style for writing.
GK Today and SRIRAMS IAS for prelims
GSSCORE for mains
I found all the tests very useful in developing conceptual clarity and analytical thinking.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
EESHA PRIYA: A strong internal Motivation is very important to maintain zest and vigour during preparation. 100% Focus helped me maintain my tempo and avoid distractions. Talking to parents and friends helped me break monotony.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
EESHA PRIYA: I guess working professionals r more successful because they r accustomed to long working hours, performance targets and delivery during stress. Making CSAT qualifying has reduced the advantage that engineers had..But analytical skills and application based approach desired by UPSC is inherent in science subjects.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
EESHA PRIYA: Newspaper -The hindu and Indian express, online sites , Civil Services Chronicle etc
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
EESHA PRIYA: Devote yourself totally towards this exam , Maintain Self Confidence that you can crack this exam…and above all Have faith in GOD that he will definitely reward your efforts one day!
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
EESHA PRIYA: Develop a habit of reading the Hindu…early on…if you are planning to appear in CSE someday…Dedicated hard work is surely rewarded!
EESHA PRIYA Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||140|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||114|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||91|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||104|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||94|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||113|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||114|
- Don’t Repeat Mistakes, Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, 5th attempt, without qualifying prelims in 4 attempts
- Ankit Pannu, IAS Rank 31 CSE 2017, Notes Making and Newspaper Reading Strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Utsav Gautam, Rank 33, CSE 2017
- Learning from the mistakes, Aparajita IAS Rank 40 CSE 2017, 3rd attempt, History Optional
- IAS Topper Bipasha Kalita CSE 2017 Rank 41, Topper from North-East States
- Holistic Approach of IAS Preparations, Swapneel Paul- IAS Rank 64, from Nagaland
- Managing Resource Effectively, strategy by IAS Topper Rahul Bhat, Rank 68, From J&K
- First and Focused attempt by an ‘average student’ Himanshu Kaushik, Rank 77, IAS topper strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Amol Shrivastav Rank 83, Ways to Work Smart
- Strategy of Time Management by Working Professional, Ketan Garg IAS Rank 93, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Ankita Mishra Rank 105, CSE 2017, 3rd Attempt
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Saurabh Sabhlok, Rank 124, Time Management is Key to Success
- Bounce Back from Low Days, Rao Praveen Singh, Rank 152 CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Chasing goal till 6th and last attempt, Lavanya Gupta, AIR 298 CSE 2017, IAS toppers story
- Thanks to Seniors & Elders, IAS Preparation Strategy by Himanshu, CSE Rank 773
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I