IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||103|
|Total Attempts in CSE||4|
|Optional Subject||Commerce and accountancy|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||86.3|
|Class 12 Percentage of marks||93.8|
|Graduation: College and marks||B.Com, IGNOU – 67.38|
|Post graduation: College and marks|
|Any other course||CA|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: Consistency, smart work and perseverance along with a tinge of luck
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Focused on learning the concepts and for prelims emphasis was on minute details whereas for mains it was building opinions based on the concepts studied.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: Prelims and mains preparation was integrated.
IAS Score: GS Preparation for Prelims Summary
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I followed the basic ncerts for both prelims and mains. Apart from them I referred the following:
Envt- Shanker institutes book on envt
History- Ancient India – RS Sharma (NCERT)
Modern India – Bipin Chandra (NCERT)
Geog- NCERT of class XI and XII and Goh chang Leong
Economics- Eco survey and mrunal sir videos
Current affairs- the Hindu and vision compilations, civils prep.com, insights, GS Score PT Current Affairs compilation
For mains, I followed the same books and worked on more issue based analysis. I referred GS score summaries for mains and personality test.
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
Apart from the above mentioned books:
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||World history-Norman lowe
|The Hindu, vision, insights, civils prep||La excellence mentorship program in hyderabad|
|GS Paper 2||Aspire material||The Hindu, vision, insights, civils prep||La excellence mentorship program in hyderabad|
|GS Paper 3||Eco survey, Aspire material||The Hindu, vision, insights, civils prep, gs score contemporary issues||La excellence mentorship program in hyderabad|
|GS Paper 4||Lexicon, Subba Rao book for ethics||La excellence mentorship program in hyderabad|
IAS Score: Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: For paper 1:
Accounts- ICAI study material
Audit- ICAI study material
FII- ICAI study material
Tax-TN Manoharan book for ipcc students
Costing – ICAI study material
For paper 2: I followed rankers notes and supplemented them with current affairs related material.
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: There was no specific strategy for essay. I used to ensure that the essay had various dimensions such as constitutional, political, socio economic and historical perspectives included.
IAS Score: Did you adopted any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: Preparation wise, I followed lexicon book for basic definitions and referred Subba Rao book for case studies. In the exam, I used to attempt case studies first. GS4 needs a free flow of thought and does not require bookish knowledge.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I followed the standard books and one newspaper every day. I tried to analyze questions based on the previous year question papers and tried to understand the nature of questions and the relevant material for the same.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I was not good at making notes. I used to highlight points in the books itself. However the key is to summarize the information in such a manner that it helpful for a quick revision.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I used to make a schedule of topics to be covered for the month and then simplified it for weekly preparation. I used to ensure that I revised the topics the next day before I started a new topic. In a week, one day was reserved to finish revision of that particular weeks topic and any pending topics. There was always time for enjoyment also J
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: In the previous attempt, I wrote in paragraph format and I realized it didn’t fetch me lot of marks in GS. This year, I changed the answer writing style to point format. I used intro, points and conclusion. Tried to draw flowcharts where possible. Tried to underline the key terms.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I feel test series is important as it gives an idea about our preparation levels. For prelims it gives a lot of practice and also identifies the areas which we failed to cover while preparing. Regarding mains, it helps in time management and also identify whether we are able to write few points for every question asked. Definitely it’s not that these questions will come in the mains exam, however it is for our practice and for our benefit. I joined La Excellence test series for this year preparation.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: There was continuous encouragement and motivation from friends and family. This helped me maintain my tempo. Hanging out with friends, watching movies and talking to them did help me in taking a break J
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: I referred GS score contemporary issues and vision compilations.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: Try to correct the mistakes and focus on basic books and materials. Be open to suggestions and feedback. Don’t lose hope and give it your best. There is an element of luck and hence be prepared for everything. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
Jonnalagadda Snehaja: Don’t enter into this field thinking that ill just give one attempt or 2 attempts and then leave it. One needs to keep in mind before entering that it needs 3 years of your time. 1 year of preparation is a must. One might be able to crack it in the first attempt itself and one might take some more time. However at any cost, give your best and be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Always introspect and have that self assessment. Avoid same mistakes in attempts and always try to improvise. Be ready to accept suggestions from seniors and teachers. Have a strong back up plan so that even if the UPSC journey is not successful there is something to fall back upon.
Jonnalagadda Snehaja Mark sheet
|Paper||Year 2015||Year 2014|
|Essay (Paper 1)||124||154|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||94||70|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||66||85|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||93||64|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||99||112|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||124||89|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||123||142|
- Abhijeet Sinha, IAS Rank 19 CSE 2017 from Bihar & Jharkhand, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Political Science Preparation Strategy by Tushar Gupta Rank 113, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Story: Ishwar Kumar Rank 187, CSE 2017
- Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, Highest 319 Marks in Pol Science, Preparation Strategy
- Abhishek Surana IAS Rank 10, CSE 2017, IAS preparation Strategy
- Fear and apprehension can’t stop us: Garima Agrawal, Rank 241, CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Story
- IAS Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani Rank 57, CSE 2017
- Life in ORN (Delhi), Sunita Kumari, Rank 269, CSE 2017, Civil Services a Career or a goal
- Pol Science Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani 57 Rank, 305 Marks
- Youngest topper of CSE 2017, Rank 113 Tushar Gupta, 22 year old, First attempt, pol science optional
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Dr. Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017
- First serious attempt, Ekta Khatri, Rank 458, Anthropology optional, IAS preparation strategy
- Mayur Suryawanshi Rank 373, 4th attempt, 308 marks in pol science, IAS preparation strategy
- Bhavesh Sharma 502 Rank, 286 Marks in History Optional: Preparation Strategy
- Highest Score in History Optional 316 Marks, History Preparation Strategy by Ishwar Kumar Rank 187
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Azar Zia, IAS Rank 97 CSE 2017
- Pub Ad Preparation Strategy, Rank 530 Jitendra Pratap Singh, 301 Marks in Pub Ad
- ‘Be aware of pitfalls’- Abhilash Baranwal, AIR 44, CSE 2017, 4th attempt
- A doctor, a diabetic patient and the message for all: Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017d
- Yes, it’s possible, if I can why not you!!! Mamta, IAS Rank 45 in 5th attempt CSE 2017
- Don’t Repeat Mistakes, Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, 5th attempt, without qualifying prelims in 4 attempts
- Ankit Pannu, IAS Rank 31 CSE 2017, Notes Making and Newspaper Reading Strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Utsav Gautam, Rank 33, CSE 2017
- Learning from the mistakes, Aparajita IAS Rank 40 CSE 2017, 3rd attempt, History Optional
- IAS Topper Bipasha Kalita CSE 2017 Rank 41, Topper from North-East States
- Holistic Approach of IAS Preparations, Swapneel Paul- IAS Rank 64, from Nagaland
- Managing Resource Effectively, strategy by IAS Topper Rahul Bhat, Rank 68, From J&K
- First and Focused attempt by an ‘average student’ Himanshu Kaushik, Rank 77, IAS topper strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Amol Shrivastav Rank 83, Ways to Work Smart
- Strategy of Time Management by Working Professional, Ketan Garg IAS Rank 93, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Ankita Mishra Rank 105, CSE 2017, 3rd Attempt
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Saurabh Sabhlok, Rank 124, Time Management is Key to Success
- Bounce Back from Low Days, Rao Praveen Singh, Rank 152 CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Chasing goal till 6th and last attempt, Lavanya Gupta, AIR 298 CSE 2017, IAS toppers story
- Thanks to Seniors & Elders, IAS Preparation Strategy by Himanshu, CSE Rank 773
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I