IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- by IAS Score
|Name||Kirodi Lal Meena|
|Rank in CSE 2015||248|
|Total Attempts in CSE||3|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Believe in yourself. Find the inner strength.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Kirodi Lal Meena: As syllabus is very wide stick to standard books. Make/Get notes for vague topics like internal security, disaster management etc. Save detailed study for optional.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Did not divide prelims and mains preparation but prelims require more factual memory so one month before prelims focus on memorizing little details whereas after prelims focus on answer writing.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance|
|Basic Books||NCERT for Geography, Economy, History, Culture and few chapters of Biology & Chemistry.
Polity- M. Laxmikanth
Environment- Shankar IAS
Economic Survey, IYB
|Current Affairs||The Hindu|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||NCERT + Bipin Chandra + Spectrum||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 2||Laxmikanth + GS Score Material||The Hindu, RSTV||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 3||NCERT + Sriram IAS Notes||The Hindu, Mint||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 4||GS Score Notes||Test Series at GS Score|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Coaching|
|Basic Books||P Nath for Physical Anthro, Nadim Hasnain for Indian Anthro.|
|Current Affairs||Newspaper, Ministry Websites|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Kirodi Lal Meena: Joined GS score test series. Write, Read, and Write again. When you read your own essay you will realize how bad or good it is. So introduce those missing points and write again. Cover all dimensions of given topic (as I learned at GS score test discussions). Avoid grammatical errors.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Test discussions at GS score helped. Include real life/ historical examples. Do case studies in the light of practicality.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Relied on sources mentioned by senior friends. Newspaper and a few official websites were the standard sources for basic information.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Kirodi Lal Meena: This is highly individual choice. Many will write on margin of books. Other will prepare soft copies. It is advisable to have limited things to read just before exams so better to make/get notes.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Set targets and stick to them. Devote certain hours to current affairs sources like Newspaper/News Analysis on FM/RSTV programs.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) Of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Para-points-para. Earlier had habit of writing complete thing in para format but changed to new pattern to save time.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Test series help you judge your standing. In case of prelims it helps in finding out missing areas. For mains it helps strategize your attempt at paper in terms of length of answers.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Had personal commitments to motivate. Going out with friends once in a while helps. Watch documentaries/sensible cinema/read books/visit family to break monotony.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Kirodi Lal Meena: I don’t think any such generalization is true. This exam requires dedicated effort and patience. Whoever follows the basics his/her chances of success are equally good irrespective of background.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Kirodi Lal Meena: Regularly updating newspaper info with RSTV programs. Daily dose of News Analysis on Radio. Online Notes published by GS Score just before mains for revision.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
Kirodi Lal Meena:
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Kirodi Lal Meena: Seek guidance to dispel doubts and find right pace to continue preparation. Do not bother about everything that everyone says.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
Kirodi Lal Meena: Believe in yourself and evolve your own strategy and you will make it for sure.
Kirodi Lal Meena Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||146|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||92|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||77|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||95|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||97|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||110|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||126|
Click Here to download test copy of Kirodi Lal Meena.
- Abhijeet Sinha, IAS Rank 19 CSE 2017 from Bihar & Jharkhand, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Political Science Preparation Strategy by Tushar Gupta Rank 113, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Story: Ishwar Kumar Rank 187, CSE 2017
- Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, Highest 319 Marks in Pol Science, Preparation Strategy
- Abhishek Surana IAS Rank 10, CSE 2017, IAS preparation Strategy
- Fear and apprehension can’t stop us: Garima Agrawal, Rank 241, CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Story
- IAS Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani Rank 57, CSE 2017
- Life in ORN (Delhi), Sunita Kumari, Rank 269, CSE 2017, Civil Services a Career or a goal
- Pol Science Preparation Strategy by Jagdish Chelani 57 Rank, 305 Marks
- Youngest topper of CSE 2017, Rank 113 Tushar Gupta, 22 year old, First attempt, pol science optional
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Dr. Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017
- First serious attempt, Ekta Khatri, Rank 458, Anthropology optional, IAS preparation strategy
- Mayur Suryawanshi Rank 373, 4th attempt, 308 marks in pol science, IAS preparation strategy
- Bhavesh Sharma 502 Rank, 286 Marks in History Optional: Preparation Strategy
- Highest Score in History Optional 316 Marks, History Preparation Strategy by Ishwar Kumar Rank 187
- Public Administration Preparation Strategy by Azar Zia, IAS Rank 97 CSE 2017
- Pub Ad Preparation Strategy, Rank 530 Jitendra Pratap Singh, 301 Marks in Pub Ad
- ‘Be aware of pitfalls’- Abhilash Baranwal, AIR 44, CSE 2017, 4th attempt
- A doctor, a diabetic patient and the message for all: Hasrat Jasmine, AIR 226, CSE 2017d
- Yes, it’s possible, if I can why not you!!! Mamta, IAS Rank 45 in 5th attempt CSE 2017
- Don’t Repeat Mistakes, Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, 5th attempt, without qualifying prelims in 4 attempts
- Ankit Pannu, IAS Rank 31 CSE 2017, Notes Making and Newspaper Reading Strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Utsav Gautam, Rank 33, CSE 2017
- Learning from the mistakes, Aparajita IAS Rank 40 CSE 2017, 3rd attempt, History Optional
- IAS Topper Bipasha Kalita CSE 2017 Rank 41, Topper from North-East States
- Holistic Approach of IAS Preparations, Swapneel Paul- IAS Rank 64, from Nagaland
- Managing Resource Effectively, strategy by IAS Topper Rahul Bhat, Rank 68, From J&K
- First and Focused attempt by an ‘average student’ Himanshu Kaushik, Rank 77, IAS topper strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Amol Shrivastav Rank 83, Ways to Work Smart
- Strategy of Time Management by Working Professional, Ketan Garg IAS Rank 93, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Ankita Mishra Rank 105, CSE 2017, 3rd Attempt
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Saurabh Sabhlok, Rank 124, Time Management is Key to Success
- Bounce Back from Low Days, Rao Praveen Singh, Rank 152 CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Chasing goal till 6th and last attempt, Lavanya Gupta, AIR 298 CSE 2017, IAS toppers story
- Thanks to Seniors & Elders, IAS Preparation Strategy by Himanshu, CSE Rank 773
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I