IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||145|
|Total Attempts in CSE||3|
|Optional Subject||Public Administration|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||80.2|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||74|
|Graduation: College and marks||77|
|Post graduation: College and marks||N/A|
|Any other course||N/A|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Preeti Yadav: Persistence and Revision
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
￫ Focus on syllabus.
￫ Analysis of last year question papers
￫ Solve as much mock paper as possible for prelims. It will cover all relevant topics.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Preeti Yadav: Yes integrated. In first attempt focus till prelims was on prelims pattern. But in this attempt I tried to cover GS syllabus in integrated manner. This can be done for whole syllabus except GS 4 and few selected portion of other papers.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Took coaching in 2012 from Vajiram & Ravi. Mock Test of various institutes.|
|Basic Books||NCERT for geography, economy history and few chapters of biology & chemistry.
Environment- Shankar IAS
History- Bipin Chandra, Spectrum
Economic Survey, IYB
|Current Affairs||Newspaper: TheHindu, Indian Express
Magazine: Chronicle, Yojna, Kurukshetra, Vision IAS (quite helpful)
Channel: RSTV, LSTV, AIR
Compilation: GS Score topic listing and compilation was very handy to cover all topics.
|￫ The focus during prelims preparation should be to cover the syllabus in its breadth.
￫ A lot of energy can be better utilized if proper analysis of previous year questions is done. It gives clear picture as to what areas need more focus and effort.
￫ Try to solve as many tests as possible and learn from mistakes. Try different methods while taking test and decide best suited one for the final day.
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||NCERT + Bipin Chandra + Spectrum + CCRT||Contemporary Issues Classes at GS Score + Newspapers + Magazines + RSTV/LSTV||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 2||Laxmikant + GS Score Material||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 3||NCERT + Ramesh Singh + Sriram IAS Notes||Test Series at GS Score|
|GS Paper 4||Lexicon + ARC||Test Series at GS Score|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Class Notes of GS Score. Crash course by Ashutosh Pandey Sir at GS Score. ARC Reports|
|Basic Books||Paper 1: Sharma & Sadana, Prasad & Prasad, few topics form Fadea & Fadea
Paper 2: Arora & Goyal
|Current Affairs||Extract selected news from newspaper, polity section of magazine, google the topics.|
|Answer Writing||Answer writing is very necessary. Join any good test series and learn from mistakes pointed. I joined GS Score and Lukman Test Series.|
|Any other||Make a small notebook to write any trivial mistakes, current affairs etc and revise it daily. 4 Days Marks Augmentation Class by Ashutosh Pandey sir helped me a lot in increasing my marks in Pub Ad this year which I was lacking in previous years.|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Preeti Yadav: Vas reading for gs paper helped me. Yojna and books by Amartya Sen
Strictly followed correction and suggestion by Manoj K Jha sir in GS Score Test Series.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Preeti Yadav: Tried to incorporate real life examples and to analyse case studies in the light of practicality as well as rational thinking.
IAS Score: What were the sources of information for general reading? How did you come to know that which sources of reading materials are standard?
￫ Internet: there are various blogs and website which can help.
￫ Fellow aspirants
￫ Focus should be on government publications, standard books, NCERT and notes of successful candidates.
￫ Do confirm from at least 2-3 sources before including new source in your preparation so that wrong decisions and wastage of time and effort can be avoided.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Preeti Yadav: As GS is quite vast it is not advisable to make notes for each and every topic, better is to make notes of selective topics which need revision many times. Notes of current affairs is necessary. Use mind maps.
IAS Score: How did you manage your time during the preparation?
￫ By setting targets for the day.
￫ Make some time table and try to stick to it.
￫ Take some time for relaxation too i.e. by watching motivational video or hobbies.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
￫ Depending upon nature of question, both paragraph and point or mixed format can be used.
￫ Focus should be to give apt answer while including multiple dimensions. Test series can help out here.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Preeti Yadav: The purpose of test series is to streamline the preparation by timely analysis and course correction. If followed regularly it can help a lot. I joined test series in GS Score, Synergy and Lukman IAS.
IAS Score: Civil Services Exam process is quite strenuous. It requires long hours of constant study. How did you maintain your tempo and what did you do to break the monotony of preparation?
￫ First and foremost thing is to develop genuine interest in course ( GS, current affairs etc.) and try to learn not only for exam but take it as an opportunity to enhance your overall personality.
￫ Have some good person (family members, friends etc.) who can share and boost your confidence when you are low.
￫ Watch motivational videos on youtube.
IAS Score: The trend suggests that professionals or working people are more successful in this exam. Does this exam prove difficult for Humanities and Social Science background candidates?
Preeti Yadav: I don’t think any such generalization is true. This exam requires dedicated effort and patience. Whoever follows the basics his/her chances of success are equally good irrespective of background.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Preeti Yadav: I joined GS Score classes for contemporary issues. It covered all the relevant current affairs topics along with their comprehensive coverage very well for mains as well prelims.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
IAS Score: What is your advice to the candidates who is still in the process of preparing for this examination?
Preeti Yadav: Have faith in your abilities and give your best. Never loose hope, as hard work with persistence always pay off. There will be hurdles but focus on what you want to get, nothing else.
IAS Score: Your word for future aspirants
Preeti Yadav: Do your best, help others and get help from others. Inculcate those qualities which are expected from a future IAS officer will really help you during preparation esp. interview.
All the best…
Preeti Yadav Mark sheet
|Paper||Year 2015||Year 2014||Year 2013|
|Prelims||128.66 + 121.66|
|Essay (Paper 1)||146||118||123|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||99||87||53|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||89||82||58|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||102||65||88|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||87||96||80|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||104||92||96|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||104||55||65|
Click Here to Download Topper’s Test Copy of CSE 2015
Note: We have uploaded video of 4 Days Marks Augmentation Class by Ashutosh Pandey sir on our youtube channel.
Click Here to watch those classes. It may help you.
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I