IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- by IAS Score
|Rank in CSE 2015||374|
|Total Attempts in CSE||4|
|Class 10 percentage of marks||76%|
|Class 12Percentage of marks||73%|
|Graduation: College and marks||74%|
|Post graduation: College and marks||N/A|
|Any other course||N/A|
IAS Score: What were the basic mantras of your success?
Rahul Narwal: Persistent efforts, removing the fear of failure from within and giving exam not to prove anything to anyone.
IAS Score: What were your strategies for the lengthy syllabus of General Studies for both Prelims and Mains?
Rahul Narwal: For prelims: concentration on basics, focus on current affairs + not reading the things haphazardly.
For mains: focus on linking the concepts, having basic understanding of every topics.
IAS Score: Did you integrate your Prelims or Mains preparation or was it separate in the changing scenario?
Rahul Narwal: Till July preparation was integrated but before 20-25 days of prelims focus on prelims but it all depends upon individual.
GS Preparation for Prelims (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||GS Score, Vision Current Affairs|
|Basic Books||Geog- NCERT, Environment- ICSE, Economy – Mrunal, Polity – Laxmikant|
|Current Affairs||The Hindu, GK Today Site, IAS Score Site, Vision IAS Monthly Magazine|
GS Mains Preparation (Summary)
|Paper||Study Material/Guidance||Current Issues Source||Answer Writing Practice|
|GS Paper 1||NCERT World history, Geog- Spectrum||GS Score||GS Score|
|GS Paper 2||Polity – Laxmikant, Indian Governance- Laxmikant ARC Report Summary||GS Score|
|GS Paper 3||Indian economy by Mishra and Puri, Security issues from net.||GS Score|
|GS Paper 4||Notes of GS Score, Lexicon, Meaning of terms from net||GS Score|
Optional Subject Preparation (Summary)
|Study material / Guidance||Invertebrate / vertebrate + kotpal zoology – P. K. Verma|
|Basic Books||By Reema mathur + Evolution Notes, Diagram Practice|
|Current Affairs||From Net + Youtube channel of zoology|
IAS Score: How did your prepare for essay.
Rahul Narwal: Write 10-15 essay, have a basic understanding of essay concepts (social, economic etc.) + reading 2-3 newspaper daily. Have a look on thought of Dr. Ambedkar and Gsndhiji etc.
IAS Score: Did you adopt any specific strategy for GS Paper 4?
Rahul Narwal: In case studies write answers in multi dimensional manner. Start giving solution from basic level + understanding the meaning of easy terms mentioned in syllabus. Answer writing.
IAS Score: What is your advice on notes-making for other aspirants?
Rahul Narwal: Personally I didn’t make notes, but notes making if done by aspirants then revision becomes easier.
IAS Score: What was your style (paragraph or point format) of writing in the exam? How was it distinct from the general writing style? How did you develop this writing style?
Rahul Narwal: Point format in this attempt. In earlier attempts I used to write in paragraph form and once read the strategies of Ira Singhla madam, there she helped about writing answer in point format.
IAS Score: So much focus is being given to Test Series, both for Prelims and Mains, in your opinion how useful are they, in the course of a preparation process? Which Test Series did you join and how useful did you find it to be?
Rahul Narwal: Test series judge you and your preparation. I joined essay and ethics test series in GS Score, and valuable inputs helped me to find fault which I was regularly making. Too many test series should be avoided.
IAS Score: Which sources you referred to prepare for Contemporary Issues.
Rahul Narwal: GS Score compilation, newspaper, IDSA sites, Yojna, employment news.
IAS Score: Given the recent boom in online initiatives to support an aspirant, which were the platforms that you find useful enough during your course of preparation. Please list the sites.
Rahul Narwal Mark sheet
|Essay (Paper 1)||125|
|GS 1 (Paper 2)||82|
|GS 2 (Paper 3)||82|
|GS 3 (Paper 4)||98|
|GS 4 (Paper 5)||110|
|Optional 1 (Paper 6)||113|
|Optional 2 (Paper 7)||121|
- Don’t Repeat Mistakes, Pooja Ranawat Rank 258, 5th attempt, without qualifying prelims in 4 attempts
- Ankit Pannu, IAS Rank 31 CSE 2017, Notes Making and Newspaper Reading Strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Utsav Gautam, Rank 33, CSE 2017
- Learning from the mistakes, Aparajita IAS Rank 40 CSE 2017, 3rd attempt, History Optional
- IAS Topper Bipasha Kalita CSE 2017 Rank 41, Topper from North-East States
- Holistic Approach of IAS Preparations, Swapneel Paul- IAS Rank 64, from Nagaland
- Managing Resource Effectively, strategy by IAS Topper Rahul Bhat, Rank 68, From J&K
- First and Focused attempt by an ‘average student’ Himanshu Kaushik, Rank 77, IAS topper strategy
- IAS Toppers Interview, Amol Shrivastav Rank 83, Ways to Work Smart
- Strategy of Time Management by Working Professional, Ketan Garg IAS Rank 93, CSE 2017
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Ankita Mishra Rank 105, CSE 2017, 3rd Attempt
- IAS Toppers Strategy, Saurabh Sabhlok, Rank 124, Time Management is Key to Success
- Bounce Back from Low Days, Rao Praveen Singh, Rank 152 CSE 2017, IAS Toppers Strategy
- Chasing goal till 6th and last attempt, Lavanya Gupta, AIR 298 CSE 2017, IAS toppers story
- Thanks to Seniors & Elders, IAS Preparation Strategy by Himanshu, CSE Rank 773
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: K. Dinesh Kumar IAS Rank 06 with Pol Science Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Suman Sourav Mohanty Rank 9 CSE 2016
- IAS Toppers Interview: Sidharth B Rank 15 CSE 2016, Political Science Optional
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 26 Mallika Sudhir IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016: Manuj Jindal IAS Rank 53
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Shashank Chaudhary IAS Rank 130, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2016 – 2017: Brij Shankar IAS Rank 274, 5th attempt, 4 Interview
- IAS Topper Interview 2016-2017: Rank 306 Shashank Shekher Singh IAS Prepraion Strategy
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Jasmeet Singh Sandhu AIR 03
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Siddharth Jain AIR 13
- IAS Toppers Interview: EESHA PRIYA Rank 75 First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: IAS Rank 89 Sumant Sahay, 137 Marks in Essay
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rakesh Kumar Minhas AIR 91
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Jonnalagadda Snehaja Rank 103
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 145 Preeti Yadav, 146 Marks in Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Asim Anwar Rank 149 with Management Optional
- IAS Toppers Interview: Amit Suresh Tolani Rank 151
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Dr.Ravindra Goswami Rank 152
- IAS Toppers Interview: RISHAV KUMAR JHA Rank 162
- IAS Toppers Interview: Vakul Jindal Rank 174
- IAS Toppers Interview 2015: Rank 187 Rohan Botre, 113 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Rank 548 Ashish kumar senapati, 109 Marks in Ethics
- IAS Topper’s Strategy: Rank 374 Rahul Narwal, 110 Marks in Ethics (GS Paper 4)
- IAS Toppers Interview: Chandan Kumar Rank 373, Strategy for Ethics and Essay
- IAS Toppers Interview: Ananya Sinha Rank 259, First Attempt
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Shejole Shruti Ramrao Rank 690
- IAS Toppers Interview: Kirodi Lal Meena Rank 248
- IAS Toppers Interview: Anupam Rank 221
- IAS Toppers Interview: Rhea Joshi Rank 425
- IAS Topper’s Interview: Abhinav Agnihotri Rank 302 CSE 2015
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Rahul Gupta Rank 306
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Govind Mohan Rank 245
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Sharat Chandra Pawar AIR 632
- IAS Toppers Interview: Nagender Bhukya Rank 733
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2015: Akhil Goel AIR 251
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Shefali Gupta AIR 601
- IAS TOPPERS INTERVIEW 2014: Joginder Singh AIR 419
- IAS Toppers Interview 2014: Shashikant Mehta, AIR 352
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Sandeep Chaudhary, AIR 148
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Raja Gopal Sunkara, AIR 49
- IAS Topper’s Interview 2014 : Shruti Pandey, AIR 114
- IAS TOPPER’S INTERVIEW 2014 : Aman Mittal, AIR 20
- Interview : Aman Kumar, IPS
- TOPPERS’ TALK with ISHANI PAUL, IPS
- Interview: Mridul Choudhary, CSE 2013
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – VII
- IAS Interview Strategy Series – V
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-IV
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-III
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-II
- IAS Interview Strategy Series-I